Monday, August 23, 2010

Wisconsin & Writing

Today I ran a bunch of errands around the UW Campus. I got my student ID, got my bus pass, set up a bank account, got groceries, found my classes etc. According to my Mom my ID picture makes me look homeless. I guess its a winner. Today was my family's last full day here, they leave for the airport tomorrow at 4pm. I'm really glad they came out here to help me get settled but I think it will be good for me to just wander around a little by myself to get my bearings.

Tomorrow my article on genome wide association studies and technologies for finding rare variants is due for BioTechniques. I'm still waiting on one last interview, so fingers crossed that will come through tomorrow morning. Otherwise, I'm not sure what I'll do, quote from papers probably. I did get four other interviews so its not terrible, but they asked for five so I'd really like to deliver. Its not my best work, but given that I only had two weeks, and that I moved and have been with my family non-stop for one week of that I'm proud of myself for the progress I've made.

In other science writing news, Harvard recently found Marc Hauser guilty of misconduct. I mentioned in an earlier post that the New York Times had reported on the alleged misconduct. I thought their reporting on the case was relatively balanced, so I figured it was worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment